Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence stars in Hunger Games.

Jennifer Lawrence (20) is set to play in the Hunger Games.
It’s finally official.
First for everyone who doesn’t the Hunger Games (?!), it’s a trilogy set in a post-apocalyptic world where a Capitol suppresses all the people who live in poor districts. Every Year they force two kids from every district to compete in the Hunger Games to life and death until only one is left.
Jennifer Lawrence will play the main character Katniss Everdeen who (Spoiler Alert) volunteers for the Hunger Games in place of her younger sister.

Jennifer Lawrence’s star rose quite quickly after she was nominated for an Oscar for her role in Winter’s Bone. I’m not sure how I feel about her playing Katniss. Not that I don’t  like her. She’s a great actress who’s shown in movies such the Poker House, The Burning Plain and Winter’s Bone that she can pull of the whole dramatic thing very realistically. But on the other hand, and I’m saying this as a fan of the books, she is just so different than I imagined Katniss to be, she is older, blonder and whiter. But because I think
acting-wise her performance is going to be great  I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Let’s just see what hair and make-up does to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment